时间：2018-09-03 来源：工作范文网 本文已影响 人
常言说:万事开头难。还常说,能有一个好的开头,就是成功的一半;即使不能有一半的成功,也为今后打下好的基础。进入高一学好英语打好基础很重要，以下是小编整理的关于人教版高中英语必修四单词及语言点总结：Unit 4 Making the news，旨在提供综合运用所需材料!
Unit 4 Making the news
1. occupation n. 1) job, employment
2) activity that occupies a person’s time; pastime
3) action of occupying
He is a bus driver by occupation.
He was bored for lack of occupation.
The Japanese occupation of Taiwan lasted fifty-one years.
No one is yet in occupation of the house.
2. enthusiasm n. strong feeling of admiration or interest
object of this feeling
The proposal was greeted with great enthusiasm.
One of my enthusiasm is music.
3. assignment n. 1) task or duty that is assigned to sb
2) act of assigning, especially property, rights ect.
She gladly accepted the assignment.
The English assignment is a book report.
He is responsible for the assignment of jobs.
4. influence vt 1) have an effect or influence on sb/sth
n. 2) power to produce an effect; action or nature forces
The influence of climate on crops are self-evident.
Mr. Smith is a man of influence in this town.
I don't want to influence you. You must decide for yourself.
5. professional adj. 1) of or belonging to a profession
2) having or showing the skill or qualities a professional person
a highly professional administrator
He is a professional complainer.
6. assist v. 1) help
2) be present at or take part in sth
We asked him to assist us in designing a new bridge.
He assisted in designing the new bridge.
She refused to assist at the reception for reasons unknown.
7. missing adj. 1) that can’t be found or that is not in its usual place; lost
2) not present
There is a page missing from this book.
Seven of our planes are missing.
They started off at once in search of the missing girl.
8. avoid v. 1) keep oneself away from sb/sth
2) stop sth happening; prevent
I avoided him as much as possible.
They all avoided mentioning that name.
She braked suddenly and avoided an accident.
9. meanwhile adv. in the time between two events; at the same time
In the meanwhile I'll visit an old friend of mine.
Mother went shopping; meanwhile, I cleaned the house.
10. department n. 1) each of several divisions of a government, business, shop, etc.
2) area of activity or knowledge
She's the head of the firm's personnel department.
Don’t ask me about our finances, that’s my wife’s department.
11. accurate adj. 1) free from error
2) careful and exist
The new salesgirl is accurate at figures.
His information was accurate.